Information we collect
As you interact with us, either when you download our app or just visit our website, we collect information about you and your use of our service and online properties. This information may include:
- Your email address.
- Your email password. For Gmail and Google Apps account we use the OAuth authorization mechanism which does not require to access or store your password.
- Any contact information on your device. Specifically, the Cannonball app and Blend app provide the ability to interface with the email addresses and names stored in your device’s contact list in order to add email recipients easily and securely. You will be prompted for permission within the app before Cannonball can access your contacts. We will not use this information for any purpose other than to provide the Cannonball service to you.
- Information about the emails that you receive:
- For testing or product development purposes, we will occasionally look at the envelopes of your emails (i.e., to, from, subject, and date)—but not the content of your emails—to make sure the Cannonball app and Blend App are doing a good job in locally processing your information on your device and to test improvements of the service.
- For recommendation and advertising purposes, and only for automated emails, our automated systems analyze the envelope and the content of those automated emails to suggest users new content that might be of their interest. Automated emails are marketing communications from third party website and services such as ecommerce companies or news blog
- Information about your device. Specifically, we collect a “device identifier” that enables us to recognize your unique device and link certain information to it. We also collect other information about your device, such as your hardware and operating system.
- The logs from your use of the app. This information includes, for example, how often you use the app, what information you query most often, your Internet Protocol Address, device event information such as crashes, the date and time of your requests, and your system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, and referral URL.
- Your preferences in customizing the functionalities offered by the app.
- Information from cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small files that are sent to your computer when you visit a website. These cookies allow the website to recognize your browser whenever you visit, to track your activities on the website, and to collect a variety of other information, including the operating system on your computer or other device, your browser type, your Internet service provider, your domain name and IP address, the website you visited before visiting the site, and the link you used to leave the site. A web beacon is a small electronic file that generally consists of a single-pixel image that is placed on a web page or email and is used to transmit many of the same types of information as cookies. They also can provide information about your responses to emails. Cookies and web beacons also can be used by third parties, including advertising networks, to collect such information and to track your activities across different websites over time. As discussed below, we use these tools on our website and in our emails for a variety of purposes, including analytics, product development, personalization of our website features, easier website navigation, and online marketing.
- Comments you make on our website and social media accounts.
- Feedback you provide us through emails, regular mail, phone calls, and any other means of communication.
- Profile images from other online services. Specifically, we use users’ profile images from a service called Gravatar, which is powered by Automattic Inc. (“Automattic”). Such images are willfully made available by their owner and by Gravatar free of charge and for public use – you can see more details at http://automattic.com/privacy/. We also use profile images from twitter and other social networking services.
- Images from address books or contact lists stored on your device, if you agree to permit the Cannonball app to interface with your contact information. Please note that you are responsible for ensuring that you have the right to use those pictures.
How we use the information we collect
We use the other information discussed above for a variety of purposes, including:
- To enable the operation of the Cannonball app and of the Blend app.
- To provide more effective customer support.
- To test and improve the app, our website, and the services that we provide to you. For example, we use learning algorithms to improve how we display your information in our user interface, and to develop and deliver tailored and customized content.
- For analytics purposes. This helps us understand how and when you and others are using the Cannonball app and website. This, in turn, enables us to diagnose potential problems, address any security or technical issues, evaluate which features are popular or little-used, better understand your interests and needs, and determine how better to serve our users.
- To provide you with usage tips, app updates, and other information about the Cannonball app and related products and services.
- To send you promotional or marketing email messages (as discussed below), or to deliver targeted online advertising for products or services that we believe will be of interest to you.
- For other purposes with your consent or as permitted or required by applicable law.
How and why we share information with third parties
We will never share, sell, or rent your personal information to third parties outside Cannonball Corporation and its subsidiaries, except in the following circumstances:
- When you decide to share information with others through the email functionalities that we provide you.
- When we rely on third-party vendors (such as Kissmetrics or Mixpanel) to perform services for us, such as data storage, web hosting, or analytics. These third parties are required to process user information only on our behalf and may not use it for their own purposes.
- When required for legal compliance purposes. We will use and share your information to establish legal rights, defend against legal claims, or respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, or regulatory inquiries.
- If we become involved in a merger, acquisition, or any form of sale of some or all of our assets.
As discussed above, this policy does not limit our sharing of de-identified or aggregated data. For example, we may share aggregated demographic information about our user base with our partners, prospective investors, or potential advertisers.
We will never share or sell your email. However, we may use the information we collect or receive to communicate with you directly about the Cannonball app or other products and services that may be of interest to you. For example, you may receive emails from us containing company updates, promotions, marketing, or special offers. We may also keep track of how you interact with links in these messages. If you’d rather not receive these emails, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of each communication or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also use your information to send you Cannonball-related operational emails (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features, technical and security notices). These operational communications are important, so you cannot opt out.
Accessing your data
Controlling Law and Jurisdiction